Tuesday 21 January 2014

Today's progress - the happy celebration dance

I have largely been avoiding tackling the dance shot in my animation (the celebratory dance that comes late at night after successfully finishing an animation) since I first blocked it out because I always seemed to end up leaving it until too late in the day when I couldn't concentrate on something so complex. But today I seized the morning, and with good results! Her dance was looking too choreographed, so I went back to my original reference footage, in which I had been dancing spontaneously, for inspiration. Based on what I saw I edited the poses for Phoebe's first two dance moves. It completely changed it for the better, making her look a lot more relaxed and a fair bit less scary... I then went on to finish doing the breakdowns.

This is the result - before and after:


She suddenly looks so much more human in the latest version - I think because she looks less poised. I am now excited for how this shot will look when finished instead of dreading doing it. :D

I am otherwise powering diligently through the numerous shots, heading towards a stage when I can receive more detailed feedback and start fine-tuning. I plan to show my work to some of the speakers at Animex so I can get feedback from them, too.

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment